Saturday, May 25, 2013

Barbarian Dude: Base WIP-Log

posted by p1per
Heya!

Long time no see ;) I haven' posted in quite some time now but I will make up for it with an in-depth WIP-Log of the base I built for my next miniature which will be no other than the Barbarian Dude.

So let's get started:

First thing was to prepare the plinth cut off a piece and make some cuts here and there so the surface would look more natural. Next I glued some corkboard in the back which I will use as a filler for a mountain(-"wall") so I won' have to use so much putty. ;) Afterwards I covered the ground as well as the corkboard with milliput.


So the basis was done, now time for details. I added some minor adjustments to ground and sculpted the mountain.


Next one was easy ... glueing some soil to the ground. :D


Sanded the sides of the plinth and made some adjustments to the stones


Finally time to prime the whole thing - for this part I used a combination of black and white paint:


And last but not least ;) now with some paint on:


And that's it so far. Next steps will be to fill the pond (that cut-out piece) with some 2k water and start paintin' the Dude - FINALLY! :D


So long
p1per


No comments:

Post a Comment