Monday, August 5, 2013

Painting ALEPH the different way

posted by Hddvh
Hey there!

Me and a friend of mine decided to start playing Infinity recently. My decision for the faction was ALEPH. There weren't any game wise thoughts included when deciding what to play, it's just because I like the models of this faction the most.


As I'm not a friend of copying the given color scheme (mostly white, black & pinkish) there's a different scheme on my miniatures with a very limited color palette. I actually used just 2 colors excluding black and white.



This miniature was supposed to be painted in a classic TT-quality. But as I had so much fun painting this little fellow I decided early to aim for a higher quality.




You might notice that he's based on an acrylic disc. Both, me and my friend, are using these to maximise the impression of "non-based" miniatures. And it works. During our first game the full advantage of those bases came through. 

You can find more views over at Putty&Paint as on CMON.

I'd be happy for any comment, critique and vote.

There are some more miniatures of this one on my painting desk. I'm planning to write up a step by step for you. So keep watching ;)

Cheers
Arne

1 comment:

  1. I really like the paint scheme and job! Great work and the idea for the base is really cool. Where do you get acrylic disks?

    ReplyDelete